Saturday, December 16, 2006

Top 100 beta websites

Found this site (by  Top 100 beta websites) that shows the top 100 beta websites in the online web application space.
How does it do it?
Simple really - "as measured by the number of bookmarks at del.icio.us"
Don't u like the KISS princple and how to reuse other web services.

I was trying to find a website that I had seen in the last week or 2 and couldn't find it in my bookmarks (advanced bookmark searching in Opera is another topic).
anyway I couldn't remember any keyword/tag regd. the site and only remember it was in/pre-beta and I liked its home page (style wise)

I'm creating my own beta website and looking to improve its home page (yes it still needs improvement). Some the websites I like (for an initial beta site) were Voices, Project360, Harvest, Dabble, Freshbooks, CalenderHub*, Goowy, DropSend.
there are others (basecamp/backpack, ) but those were the main ones I've reviewed the last few weeks. I like the simple interface, clean design, easy to understand etc...

* also working on another site that will sync contacts, calenders with your cell/mobile phone over the web.

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

At December 18, 2006 at 3:27 PM , Blogger twhman said...

I think you would be interested in http://www.spokeo.com Spokeo automatically syndicates across different social networks.

 
At December 19, 2006 at 10:01 PM , Blogger The Lal said...

Harry,
Thanks 4 that. I've seen it but not really used it but do agree it as promise as has any good aggregator service.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home