Tribler v4 raises 6M Euro's from Dutch goverment and Enterprise Ireland comparision/?'s
From alarm:clock euro:
The non-profit group has caught the eye of several researchers, broadcasters, and the Dutch government, enticing twenty scientists working on Tribler and 6M Euros in Dutch government funding.
Netherlands-based Tribler caught the attention of the Net today with the launch of v4. Tribler, which is a joint research project from Delft University of Technology and the VU University Amsterdam, is a video aggregator that pulls in YouTube videos, Torrent downloads and other video file formats. Tribler layers on some personalization to help users find niche content in the sea of Net videos.
Hmm - I wonder what's the max investment Enterprise Ireland (Irelands goverment body for startups/enterprise) has put into any single Irish startup?
I've don't see a whole lot of openness on EI stats (as in details on -
- what companies are on their programmes?
- what companies are turned away and why?
- what companies receive what type of services?
- what companies are given 'special'/accelerated status?
- what companies are folded?
- what companies get 'connections'(/sales) via introductions?
- what companies are funded and how much, how often, what criteria?
- success/failure rate on funding and the different type of programmes?
- maybe its there - just that I can't see it and not got very encouraging response when requested similiar information before. I would think that its in EI's interest to be as open as possible (but little to no EI bloggers active, they've yet to get an RSS feed on their news ...).
Is most of this information is already 'public' ?
(as goverment body - or do you have to go thru the Freedom on Information act?)